Denied Staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by sam, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam

sam New Member

In-Game Username: 10Tapped
    DiscordTag (ex. Name#1234): 10Tapped#5938
    First Name (Optional): Sam
    Current Age: 15
    Timezone / Country: GMT (England)

When are you most active? How many hours can you provide to Breach in a week?

With College coming up, I won't be able to be as active as I can be in the summer. But I can definitely fit in at least 5 hours daily. I have a schedule of times that I will be able to play below. Note that these are only estimates, and my playing times are subject to change.
    Sunday: Anywhere between 3:00 PM-9:00 PM
    Monday through Friday: 6:15-9:00 PM
    Saturday: Any time during the day (9:00 AM-11:00 PM)

Which server(s) are you most active on? What is it about that particular game mode that keeps you interested?
    The server I play the most is yellow and it is super opfactions which I enjoy the most and honestly this is one of the best servers i have ever played. just the amount of fun that i have on this server competing for f top and having a lot of fun in chat is just a really exciting aspect to the factions world and especially with the Op aspect with sharp 59 and also stack Armour.

Have you ever been banned on BreachPvP? If so, why should this not affect your chances?
    I have never been banned on the server or the forums. In fact, I've never been muted either and I've only been warned once. I try my best to follow the rules all the time, no matter what the circumstances are.

How do you feel that you'd make a contribution to Breach with the position you're applying for?
    I think I should be helper is because I am a very helpful person. I'm pretty sure this attribute is needed for the job, as the rank is called 'Helper' But anyways, I am always helping people when they need it. I will never just straight up say 'no' to someone's request. For example, if someone wants me to
    show them how to play on Yellow (Super Op Factions).
    I look at myself as a very responsible person. I never intentionally break any rules, I don't misbehave in game, and I would never abuse any permissions, whether it be staff permissions or donator permissions.
    I am very flexible with punishments, meaning before I issue a punishment I will find the reason why the rule-breaker broke the rules, ask them why they broke the rules, and if it was a misunderstanding, I will apologize.
    Why should we choose you, over any other applicant?
    Becoming helper on BreachPVP would be amazing for me. I've always wanted to be that someone who helps people with problems, deals with player reports, moderates the server, and do everything that staff does. I dedicate a lot of my time to BreachPVP, and I think it's about time that I became a bigger part of it. I would answer as many player reports as possible. I would be as active as I can all the time. Just that feeling of being helper, I can't even imagine how happy I would be. I know this is just a game, but BreachPVP is so much more than a game to me. I want to be looked up to. I don't want to just be any old player. I want to be staff here. If I became helper, it'd mean much more to me than just helping out with a Minecraft server. I'd meet new friends, get to know people more and reach out to the community more. To sum it up, being helper here at BreachPVP would mean the world to me.

What issues do you see with Breach that you feel could be fixed?

I see an unactive staff team that needs some new material added to it to make it clean and pristine.
    When I am online I do see a lot of things happening that I could try and help out with, like people getting mad and I would love to be able to calm them down as they take there anger out on the server.
    I feel that I have a lot of suggestions with breach that I can mention that would make it a bit better.
    Other than that I don’t see very many issues with the server apart from the player base but I feel everything is as good as it should be.

Name a mistake you made during your time here on Breach? How did you fix that mistake? What did you learn from it?
    Well one mistake I have made since my time here on breach was to be inactive for like three days, Even though I have more playtime than most of the staff, It's still unacceptable to be gone for that long without an explanation, maybe I should have said something but I didn't, and that affected my chances at getting accepted. My first application was denied because of that. I've learned to stay more active instead of afking most of the time and communicate with other higher up staff members if I'm not going to be on for that long because that clearly affected my chances at getting staff the first time. Hopefully, the second time's a charm.
    Tell us your previous server moderation experience, with proof if applicable. If you lack previous experience, why should this not greatly affect your chances as a potential staff member?
    I have had no proper previous staff experience previously but this should not greatly affect my chances as I believe everyone deserves a chance at the end of the day and if I can prove my self then BreachPVP will have a better and active staff member.

Tell us your previous server moderation experience, with proof if applicable. If you lack previous experience, why should this not greatly affect your chances as a potential staff member?
    I have had no proper previous staff experience previously but this should not greatly affect my chances as i believe everyone deserves a chance at the end of the day and if i can prove my self then BreachPVP will have another loyal and active staff member.

Tell us your greatest strengths? How would these help you during your time staffing, if accepted? I am almost always kind to all players on BreachPVP. There are a few people that I get annoyed with at some times and become a little rude, but other than that, I am always the nice guy. I always greet people with the plugin to welcome people to BreachPVP.
    If i want to finish something i want to finish it as good as possible without being in people their way. Another strength in my opinion is that i am a calm person, i can take the time to help people and i can keep my head calm when there are different problems at the same time.
    Strengths:

Calm and assertive when theres something serious that needs sorting out!

Listens and acknowledges both sides of a story!

Breaks down issues and takes things in small steps!
    What about your greatest weaknesses? How do you get past them?
    I believe my greatest weakness starting off will be mistakes that i make when making my first ban or first kick on the server and i will learn from these as maybe I can get feedback from other members of staff.
    Also another weakness that i have is my Pride is my greatest weakness. Anyone in power , or anyone with responsibility, can twist it in their mind that they are above anyone else. We all need to work on that, which would make the staff and well known players of the community more humble towards new players who join for the first time.
    For me, it isn’t totally about me ignoring players, it’s about showing respect to everyone on the server. I know I have improved on this throughout my time away, and I feel I can show that here.
    I have my moments where I screw up and make mistakes or times where I have to take the time to process what is going on.
    I am not a person that trusts everyone on their word when I never met them before so I always keep an eye on them and the last weakness is too come up with my strengths and weaknesses ;).
    Weaknesses:

A tendency to get off task when someone requires my attention!

Are you active on our Discord server?
    I am as active as i can be on a discord server. If my name was mentioned on discord i would attend to it straight away.

Is there anything else you'd like to add?
    When my application was denied, I was really, really sad but only for a few minutes at best. Then, I realized that there's always a next time. And this is that next time for me.

I hope you LOVED reading my application. Have a great day! :D
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. Supidly

Supidly Retired Staff Member Retired

Too much detail and bad grammar. -1
  3. FoxPlayz101

FoxPlayz101 Junior Moderator Staff Member Jr. Moderator

lol, Supidly.
  4. InfernoBlock

InfernoBlock Retired Staff Member Retired

Hello, I do like the detail but I also recommend to fix it up so we can read better :D
  5. ImPuppyHD

ImPuppyHD Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I do agree with Inferno. You need to clean it up to make it better for other players and us staff members to read it. You do have alot of detail and thats what we look for. Have a good day and keep in mind what I said.
  6. SkrtTheSloth

SkrtTheSloth Junior Moderator Staff Member Jr. Moderator

Hello 10tapped. Try organizing the structure of your application to make it look more appealing and readable. Your detail seems but you do have a lot of grammar mistakes. Try capitalizing your "I"'s because if you do not then it shows you being a little lazy for small things. Have a great day and good luck!

`Skrrrt!
  7. sam

sam New Member

Will do!
  8. Rocket236

Rocket236 Well-Known Member

Sam you use the letter "I" a bunch in your application try to use other words or phrases to make it not repeat as often. Also the application is a bit boring try to sauce it up like use bold letters, or more colors, or something.
  9. sam

sam New Member

Sure!
  10. sam

sam New Member

i cant edit it, it says i cant have over 10,000 characters :/
  11. Bjben

Bjben Member

to much color. but love the detail!
    good luck! :D
  12. sam

sam New Member

Tysm!
  13. Alex.

Alex. New Member

Hey. My thoughts!

• Less color
    • Fix you're grammer and you have some repetitive words and sentences.
  14. sam

sam New Member

C
    ould u tell me where or what the grammar words are because i used grammarly :D ty
  15. Alex.

Alex. New Member

I can't tell. There's too many for me to point out. Try reading it backwards. (This helps you edit papers) Grammerly isn't all that reliable.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  16. terrifictom11

terrifictom11 Well-Known Member

Bad grammar
    Too much information that is not needed

tom
    ex staff
  17. InfernoBlock

InfernoBlock Retired Staff Member Retired

-1, Very useless detail just added to look bigger, please remove all useless detail and fix up the application overall.
  18. xOMGItzBurger

xOMGItzBurger Junior Moderator Staff Member Jr. Moderator

DENIED

This application has been denied due to some grammar mistakes and inactivity ingame.
    You may reapply in 2 weeks.

Best regards,
    -Burger
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.