Denied Staff App

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by TBP_AsTrO, Feb 21, 2019.

1. TBP_AsTrO

TBP_AsTrO New Member

In-Game Username: TBP_AsTrO
    DiscordTag: TBP_AsTrO_#1202
    First Name (Optional): Christian
    Current Age: 17
    Timezone / Country: EST / US

When are you most active? How many hours can you provide to Breach in a week? Either 60-70 hours/week

Which server(s) are you most active on? What is it about that particular gamemode that keeps you interested? I stopped playing Minecraft for about a year, and wanted to play Factions. This is the ONLY server that I play on for the time being. I feel as if the gamemode keeps you playing especially when you have a good amount of people with you.

Have you ever been banned on BreachPvP? If so, why should this not affect your chances? No.

How do you feel that you'd make a contribution to Breach with the position you're applying for? Well, since I'm home-schooled I'll probably be the most active member on the team. I also probably have more experience with staffing then the other members accepted and/or applying. Since the only thing Helper can do is to watch the chat I feel as being the most active player could be the most important part of this role.

What issues do you see with Breach that you feel could be fixed? Unless these are intentional they look like a tiny fault that could take 30 seconds to fix. There are a couple builds where you can look off the map to where you can see the world. As I said before it's not important but it makes it look a little less professional. There's also been some community issues including insiding Factions and toxicity lurking throughout the chats.

Name a mistake you made during your time here on Breach? How did you fix that mistake? What did you learn from it? Haven't made any.

Tell us your previous server moderation experience, with proof if applicable. If you lack previous experience, why should this not greatly affect your chances as a potential staff member? I've owned countless servers and countless hubs. My most popular ones were called GalacticNetwork, PvPHub, and MinerZone. These were always above 70-100 players at a time with a peak of up to 200 on release. I've HELPED staff on hundreds of servers. Including being a builder, developer, manager or any other staff role. The most popular servers that I've staffed on are OPanarchy, BlockCityJail, and PrisonTheories. These servers peaked to really high numbers.

Why should we choose you, over any other applicant? Well, as I said before I probably have more experience with different tasks that you put in front of me that most other people wouldn't have the experience in. Including developing plugins that use simple void functions to run, or building a whole server overnight. I've done both of those numerous times. I've played Minecraft since beta release where you couldn't even use shift to run. I seem to be more professional, and more active then most other people.

Tell us your greatest strengths? How would these help you during your time staffing, if accepted? Coding, Building, professionalism, and understanding how servers are supposed to be ran. I'm really good with solving sticky situations and helping people with their problems. I'm usually a very open person that tends to communicate a lot.

What about your greatest weaknesses? How do you get past them? One weakness that I usually have, is when i need to punish someone I tend to be nice because I feel bad. To get past this I usually make a list of things that will punish you for "x" amount of time. For example if you were cheating there would be the consequence of a permanent ban, etc. This usually works with higher populated servers BUT can really affect the population of a new server.

Are you active on our Discord server? Very

Is there anything else you'd like to add? N/A
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. SkrtTheSloth

SkrtTheSloth Retired Staff Member Retired

Hey, your application is good but it seems that it is lacking detail to most of the questions. For Tell us your greatest strengths? How would these help you during your time staffing, if accepted? and What about your greatest weaknesses? How do you get past them? I feel as if it needs more detail. Try to explain in depth how your strength came to be or how it would help you by maybe using scenarios as an example of showing how your strengths would show. Also, for weaknesses try to find something, as no one is ever perfect. Maybe try writing about something you are not really good at if you really do not have weaknesses and then how you can improve in that specific area.

Also, quick comment, try just making your questions bold and your answers normal so it can be easier to read instead of making it all these colorful colors. This would show more professionalism too.

Finally, it would help if you can show moderation proof. You can say you own many servers or hubs and know how to code due to previous reasons, but it is best if you can bring proof that proves what you are saying. If you do not have proof then explain how not having any experience in moderation should not effect your chances as staff.

ADD MORE DETAIL AND GOODLUCK!!!
  3. TBP_AsTrO

TBP_AsTrO New Member

I've added some more detail and bolded the questions accordingly, hope you think it looks better :)
  4. Bjben

Bjben Helper Staff Member Helper

please use 1 colour code, so it's easy to read
  5. ImPuppyHD

ImPuppyHD Senior Moderator Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Your staff app has been denied due to lack of detail. You can reapply in 2 weeks from now.