Accepted Kiusta's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Kiusta, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiusta

Kiusta Well-Known Member

In-Game Username: Kiusta
    DiscordTag: Kiusta#8425
    First Name: Brock
    Current Age: 19
    Timezone / Country: PST/Canada

When are you most active? How many hours can you provide to Breach in a week?

I have school from 5:30 am to 12:30 pm every weekday so from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm is when I'm most active. However, my schooling ends this Friday so I'll have a lot of free time. Weekends I'm usually free unless I'm attending school events. Ps: the wifi in my dorm does go down unexpectedly every now and then and I never know when it will come back up, but it doesn't happen very often.

Which server(s) are you most active on? What is it about that particular game mode that keeps you interested?

Factions Yellow: I'm most active on factions Yellow because it's the only factions server open at the moment. I'm starting to grind out a lot of base work so I'll be very active again. I love the community in yellow. It's what keeps bringing me back to Yellow, there are lots of active players so there is always something going on, and because of the large player base, there are more factions to compete with so that tends to make for an enjoyable time.

Factions Red: Factions Red resets this coming Friday so I will be on every now and then to check f top, but when the server reopens I will 100% be playing. I find regular factions is more enjoyable. I enjoy challenges and factions red's economy can be very challenging so I tend to enjoy factions red a lot. Along with the challenging economy, I find the pvp is also very challenging due to the lack of stacked armor. This makes for short but intense fights.

Sky Block: To be honest I've never tried sky block, I've just always been into factions. However, I do plan on giving sky block a try! It may not be my main server but I'll defiantly hop on and give it a go.

Have you ever been banned on BreachPvP? If so, why should this not affect your chances?
    I haven't been banned on Breach before.

I haven't been banned.

How do you feel that you'd make a contribution to Breach with the position you're applying for?

Well, I find I'm a very fun, and supportive person. I'm very active, and I have experience as a staff member on BreachPVP. I know all the commands and rules of BreachPVP, I wouldn't have to be trained unlike a new staff member would be. Which means more time for staff like Generous to play Leauge of legends. You know I'm trust worthy and I can handle most situations on my own without the help of others. I'm friends with a lot of the staff team already so you wouldn't have to worry about the new staff member butting heads with other staff members. A lot of the players on here like to give me a hard time:rolleyes: but in the end, it's just friendly banter so I tend to keep players entertained. WARNING: I will roast back. I play a lot of team sports so I have strong leadership and teamwork skills. I can usually lighten the mood with an awful joke, or by giving a helping hand to anyone who may need it. PS: I do have a little bit of sass :p

What issues do you see with Breach that you feel could be fixed?

Well, every server has its own issues and that's no big deal! I do believe the borders need to be fixed, I've heard no one can have a corner base because you can't claim next to the border. Another issue that needs attending to is the f top, there has always been something wrong with the f top plugin on here and I think it needs to be replaced. Furthermore, I think there should be a "reapplication format" for returning staff members with questions like "Why did you resign?" and etc. I wasn't entirely sure if I should have just made a whole new application or if I just should have edited my old application.

Name a mistake you made during your time here on Breach? How did you fix that mistake? What did you learn from it?

I was a short-term perfectionist when it came to a lot of things like cannoning and just useful faction traits. I didn't want people around me to realize that I'm the only one who didn't know how to cannon or pvp well. I used to think that factions were all about intimidation, everyone wants to be the best "pvper" or the "f top" faction. The solution I took was to wait until I was ‘ready’. Wait until I had fully mastered something before trying to use it. Unfortunately, with this attitude, I was never ‘ready’. Eventually, I found fail early and fail often is a better motto. Make mistakes so you can learn why they are mistakes. In the long run, your ego may be bruised a little, but the benefits are really worth it.

Tell us your previous server moderation experience, with proof if applicable. If you lack previous experience, why should this not greatly affect your chances as a potential staff member?

I have experience as a Helper and Jr.Mod on here, and I was Helper on the server MistHQ.
    Proof of my previous server moderation on BreachPVP will be posted at the bottom of my application. I don't have any proof of my rank on MistHQ because the owner of the server went inactive and the server and forums are down.

Why should we choose you, over any other applicant?

I believe you should choose me because I can contribute a lot of effort into making the server enjoyable for everyone, and as helper/Jr.mod (Whatever I get) even though you don't have many perms a lot of small changes adds up. I know a lot of the other staff applications are amazing and the competition is fierce, but I know I would make a good fit! I'm very enthusiastic, I get along with others, I'm a public speaker, I'm very active, I'm very supportive, and I have long term potential now that school is just about over. I've been playing Breach for a while now I know most of the players, I was staff on here and got along with all of the staff members. I know all of the commands and the rules off heart. I'm just looking to punish some rule breakers and enjoy my time on here with my friends.

Tell us your greatest strengths? How would these help you during your time staffing, if accepted?

I'm very creative, I know how to make the server a good time for everyone. I'm dedicated to helping out in any way shape or form. I'm very honest I try to only speak the truth. I'm a team player, I've been playing ice hockey and since I was eight. I've been Captain and assistant captain so I have strong leadership skills. I'm versatile, always able to adapt. I have a black belt in discipline and I will use it when needed. Staff work-wise: I have used clients before so I can tell when someone is using one, I have a good eye for that kinda stuff. I'm very active in chat, always watching for questions anyone may have. I have a recording software, discord, and I know how to screen share.
    I know most of the commands for helper, and Jr-Mod as I was a helper & Jr-mod for a couple of months. I'm always happy to strike up a conversation with anyone.

What about your greatest weaknesses? How do you get past them?

I do tend to get irritated with the immature side of the community. However, I do know a good amount of the player base on Minecraft is on the younger side so that leads to immaturity. I know they think it's funny and I understand that so I cut them some slack, I remind myself that they are only trying to be funny and that usually helps. I also tend to get pretty lazy, yes laziness is my greatest enemy especially when it comes to base work or homework. To cure my laziness all that is required is a pinch of motivation and caffeine.

Why did you resign?

I resigned because I was really busy with school, I had to prepare for my ITA welding exam and I had to complete twenty different weld tests. I felt overwhelmed I was really nervous and the last thing I needed to worry about was Minecraft. I didn't resign because I didn't like being staff, in fact, I really enjoyed my time here I've bonded with a lot of the staff team and we still talk on discord to this day. I resigned because I was quitting minecraft, I didn't have time to check up on my base walls or deal with trying to get my base rolled back. However, I passed my ITA final and passed all of my weld tests so I have a lot of spare time on my hands now. My course ends this Friday and I move out into my own place in two weeks so I'll be able to be on whenever I want.

Are you active on our Discord server?

Yes, I tend to look over it every day.

Is there anything else you'd like to add?
    A little bit to get to know me better: I take Welding at BCIT in B.C. I enjoy videos games in my spare time along with Ice hockey and getting free Robux from MlgFox. My favorite biome is the red sand biome. :p
    Also please don't be afraid to add any suggestions to how I could improve my application.

My Discord is Kiusta#8425 if you have any inquiries or suggestions.

Thanks!

Proof of pervious moderation experience on BreachPVP:
    2019-01-29_20.55.24.png 2019-01-29_20.55.24.png

Sorry for the awful photo but I recently wiped my computer and this was the only proof I had left...
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Kiusta

Kiusta Well-Known Member

MLGFox you owe me Robux ;)
  3. Weyo_

Weyo_ Well-Known Member

Hehehe heyo Captain Welcome back buddy <3 +1
  4. Kiusta

Kiusta Well-Known Member

Thanks, Weyo and congratz!
  5. Slipest

Slipest Well-Known Member

I would like you to add a bit more detail and also explain why you are coming back now and why the reason you resigned won't affect you if you were to become a staff member.
  6. Kiusta

Kiusta Well-Known Member

Done, also can you change my forums name or do I have to ask Feest?
  7. Slipest

Slipest Well-Known Member

You will have to create a support ticket so feest can change it.
  8. Bjben

Bjben Well-Known Member

Nice Application bud, +100 Good Luck
  9. Kiusta

Kiusta Well-Known Member

Thanks BjBae ;)
  10. Bjben

Bjben Well-Known Member

Thats gonna be my new name soon xD
    Kiusta likes this.
  11. FoxPlayz101

FoxPlayz101 Well-Known Member

Come back here Cap, we all miss you <3 +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Bjben likes this.
  12. FoxPlayz101

FoxPlayz101 Well-Known Member

Get accepted first ;)
  13. Normmal

Normmal Member

Strong app +2 ;o
    Cool to know that you're learning to be a welder! My fathers company does welding.
  14. Yoder

Yoder Well-Known Member

Gl ❤️
    Kiusta likes this.
  15. Yoder

Yoder Well-Known Member

Lots of detail added ❤️
    Kiusta likes this.
  16. ClashR

ClashR New Member

Omg Captain if you come back I will devote my life to breach. I was just denied to staff because I wasn’t active, but the reason I quit was because you quit. Come back and it will make my life <<333

Yours Truly, ClashR

+10000000000000000000000000000000
    Kiusta likes this.
  17. Yoder

Yoder Well-Known Member

18. Yoder

Yoder Well-Known Member

Will be glad too see more active people in the community
    Kiusta likes this.
  19. Inadequately

Inadequately New Member

Looks good and holds a fair amount of detail, good job cappy boi! +1