Closed HotDogGivesLs/EmotionalDebt Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by HotDog, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotDog

HotDog New Member

In-Game Username: HotDogGivesLs/EmotionalDebt

DiscordTag (ex. Name#1234):混沌#7321

First Name (Optional): Zac

Current Age: 14

Timezone / Country: US/EST

When are you most active? How many hours can you provide to Breach in a week?

I have school Monday-Friday, I get home from school around 3 P.m. I can most likely be on for a good bit of the day after around 4:30-5:30 P.m.
    As for Weekends I can be active for pretty much the entire day.
    I did also just get a puppy, he may slightly affect my playtime due to having to take care of him of course.
    I would say I can likely put forth around a little over a day's worth of playtime a week.

Which server(s) are you most active on? What is it about that particular gamemode that keeps you interested?

Breach being really the only server I play anymore interests me because I play on red, and to me it has never really been too OP. I don't really like to play yellow because it just really isn't interesting and pvp is just not fun to me as I feel like that is just too OP for me.
    Also just generally within the server I just like the community because the people that do play are pretty interesting and great to talk with, so that is what mostly keeps me around.

Have you ever been banned on BreachPvP? If so, why should this not affect your chances?

I have been banned once a long while ago. I was banned for exploiting a glitch. I was glitching through the border, I did this once when I discovered this I was trying to raid someone. So instead of actually attempting cannoning I used this and creeper egged the non-watered border wall of their base, and proceeded to raid them. This was more an act of revenge because it was a staff member that inside raided me the previous season for the #1 spot. So that is my justification of why I wouldn't do it again or try it again, it was a spur of the moment thing that I was like "Oh I have this easy opportunity to raid someone that wronged me." This was an obvious mistake, I got to into it, and it resulted in a ban of course. This in a way I think helped the server as well because I don't think it had been used much to any previously, so when I was banned it was fixed shortly after.

How do you feel that you'd make a contribution to Breach with the position you're applying for?

I believe I can easily make a difference in the realm of chat because I am online so often it may be a general deterrent for people saying certain things they might if I was not there. I am also very active within chat, so I believe I can be very helpful, as a Helper. I think I can contribute towards lowering chat toxicity whilst also helping anyone that might have a question I can answer to help out.

What issues do you see with Breach that you feel could be fixed?

I see a large issue following toxicity within chat, I feel that rules within the chat are not enforced enough following toxicity, towards other players and staff. I have seen plenty of people walk away free from any punishment after dissing a staff member and/or a fellow player.
    I think at a lower ranking staff I could help to lessen the amount of chat based issues. As I would be unable to help in the realm of larger server issues
    A larger issue to me would be something like cannoning, it is a main component in factions, and it not working can deter players because it just doesn't let factions feel the same without it.

Name a mistake you made during your time here on Breach? How did you fix that mistake? What did you learn from it?

Being banned for exploiting previously said glitch, the easiest way to say I fixed it is, I am definitely not planning on doing it again because I hated that I was banned as this is really the only server I play, this statement goes both for fix and learnt, as I learnt not to do it again because I was caught for it.

Tell us your previous server moderation experience, with proof if applicable. If you lack previous experience, why should this not greatly affect your chances as a potential staff member?

I have had no previous experience this would be the first server I could be staff for, also the first time I have applied for staff on a server. I do not think this should be a huge factor because I think I can put in the time and effort to learn anything I do not know, and fix any weaknesses. I would like to say the statement "Practice makes perfect" can say this for me as I think it sums this up well.

Why should we choose you, over any other applicant?

I can put forth a significant amount of playtime as I have said before, I can work with weaknesses and things I may not know, by being active and learning from just gaining experience whilst being staff. I also of course know very well what things are punishable and the extent of these punishments because I have gone through the rules quite thoroughly, as I am here applying to enforce them.

Tell us your greatest strengths? How would these help you during your time staffing, if accepted?

If the ability to put forth time and effort counts. Mediation, knowing when enough is enough, and what precautions to take when possibly needing to put forth a punishment. I would say being able to put forth time and effort would help to fix and correct my weaknesses, knowing when enough is enough of things, is helpful to know when putting forth a punishment is necessary to settle things down or stop something.

What about your greatest weaknesses? How do you get past them?

Something like, if I am needed to "ss" a player, I have basically no idea what I am doing, so I think that is most definitely my greatest weakness. So I believe that, if it is possible to "ride-along" and watch to see what I am looking for future know how. Then I will know a bit more on what to look for in the times that I observe.
    Another weakness is that have not been staff on a server before so I really just know the basics, I don't know much too in depth. I know punishments and all of course and that is for the most part what I do know. But as I feel I have mentioned, I think I can easily put forth the playtime to fix this, and just learn generally more on what I need to do, and how to do it more in depth.

Are you active on our Discord server?

I would not say I am very active, but I do go through and read most messages I miss, because of this I do not really talk in the discord. But I read through most things I might miss. This is an easy fix if need be.

Is there anything else you'd like to add?

I have been on a slight decline in playtime recently just due to red resetting right now and I don't really like to play yellow, but I will likely be on more just to talk until red is back up.
    I have a really trashy laptop that is absolutely on the verge of dying, I am trying to figure something out.
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Bjben and mj.coley like this.
  2. FoxPlayz101

FoxPlayz101 Well-Known Member

Cana you add more detail please? other then that you have a great character and I would like to see you on the staff team.
  3. HotDog

HotDog New Member

I can indeed add more detail where needed
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. FoxPlayz101

All over the application I think all the staff would agree we need to learn about you a bit more
    HotDog likes this.
  5. Bjben

Bjben Well-Known Member

+1, good staff application. you might need to work on adding more detail to your weaknesses. other than that

Good Luck!
  6. FoxPlayz101

Can you add some more detail? Some questions are better with a paragraph.
  7. Weyo

Weyo New Member

You're very disrespectful and do not deserve to be a part of the staff team.
  8. Weyo_

Weyo_ Well-Known Member

ya sad ..
  9. Bjben

Bjben Well-Known Member

Just go away, he's not disrespectfull, you just provoke people to start being toxic to you, so please just stop.
  10. Kiusta

Kiusta Well-Known Member

Dear Hotdog, please add more information to your app.
  11. ImPuppyHD

ImPuppyHD Well-Known Member

Hotdog Hotdog Hot diggity dog, You seem to be lacking detail. Fix it
  12. Weyo_

Weyo_ Well-Known Member

thats not me btw
  13. xd_Azures

xd_Azures Well-Known Member

Hotdog Hotdog Hot diggity dog, you seem to be lacking a good staff team. Fix it.
    mj.coley likes this.
  14. mj.coley

mj.coley New Member

xd_Azures +1

HotDog +1

If that isn't right I donnu what is. Somebody give this man a medal.
  15. _Vadex_

_Vadex_ Senior Moderator Staff Member Retired Sr. Moderator

☝️
  16. Weyo_

Weyo_ Well-Known Member

Good player . Always nice +1 from just do something about the lack of detail
  17. _Vadex_

_Vadex_ Senior Moderator Staff Member Retired Sr. Moderator

You have taken my suggestions in game very well. I see that you added much more detail on the questions we talked about. I feel a +1 from me is earned very nicely as you disciplined yourself in putting more time in fixing your app. I feel you would be a good fit as you are more active on red then most of the current staff and that would fill a weakness in the current staff team.

I wish you best of luck
  18. CharlieZX82

CharlieZX82 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is a very nice app, very detailed +1 from me
    Best of Luck
  19. Diabetes

Diabetes Active Member

Do you mean: VerY lackInG DEtAil
  20. Diabetes

Diabetes Active Member

Delete that account, it’s impersonating Weyo, and changing his opinions when he criticizes others their application. Delete.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.